Vegas Pro 12 overview
Vegas™ Pro 12 is an integrated, forward-thinking production environment
designed for a new generation of creative professionals. Combining a
familiar track-based timeline with hundreds of thoughtful workflow
innovations, Vegas Pro 12 is a refreshing, modern approach to
post-production. Supporting more formats, more workflows, and more
creative control than ever before, Vegas Pro 12 makes it easy to deliver
your message and express your artistic vision.
Innovative editing tools
Edit SD, HD, 2K and 4K material in 2D or stereoscopic 3D, with
drag-and-drop functionality or traditional 3-point and 4-point editing
modes. The Vegas Pro 12 interface provides an impressive array
innovative tools and thoughtful touches, with a fully customizable
workspace for accomplishing a wide range of production tasks. Nest Vegas
Pro projects within the timeline, customize and save keyboard commands,
and use application scripting to automate repetitive tasks. The new
Expanded Edit Mode temporarily splits the track at the edit point and
enables you to dynamically add or remove frames from either side of the
edit point while the media is playing, creating a highly precise,
interactive editing experience.
Powerful effect and compositing engine
Combine up to 32 high-quality, keyframeable effects per Effects Chain
and apply them at the Event, Track, Media, or Project level. Vegas Pro
12 uses an advanced plug-in architecture based on the OpenFX standard,
for hundreds of optional effects from leading visual effects plug-in VFX
developers. Parent-Child tracks and sophisticated 2D and 3D compositing
modes provide a powerful, flexible effects environment. Shape Masking
tools and FX Masking capabilities are new for Vegas Pro 12, along with
the Color Match plug-in, to quickly match the color characteristics from
one clip to another.
Import and export a wide range of project files to and from Vegas Pro
12. The built-in software can convert between the native .veg file and
AAF, for Avid® ProTools®, XML for Apple® Final Cut Pro® 7, Final Cut Pro
X (export only) and DaVinci Resolve 8, and .prproj for Adobe® Premiere®
Pro CS6 and After Effects® CS6.
Titler Pro 1.0 from NewBlueFX
Create high-quality titles with Titler Pro 1.0, a full-featured titling
application from NewBlueFX. Titler Pro enables users to add animations,
professional-style templates, and effects to their title sequences. Work
in real-time with GPU-accelerated effects and transitions, and easily
move text on the X, Y, and Z axes within the Vegas Pro 12 workspace.
With 2D and 3D capabilities, Titler Pro 1.0 is the perfect addition to
the stereoscopic 3D toolset.
Designed for performance
64-bit operating systems are the best choice for high-end performance.
By focusing exclusively on 64-bit operating systems like Windows Vista
64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit, Vegas Pro 12 overcomes many of the
limitations of legacy 32-bit software/hardware architecture, enabling
users to enjoy superior performance and improved stability for
memory-intensive projects and formats.
Working with OpenCL™ supported devices from AMD and NVIDIA, Vegas Pro 12
leverages GPU acceleration for video FX, transitions, compositing,
pan/crop, track motion and encoding, providing a significantly faster
workflow. GPU acceleration streamlines the video editing experience in
Vegas Pro 12 by providing playback performance gains and faster
rendering times, ideal for industry professionals who work on tight
deadlines where every second counts.
Stereoscopic 3D editing
Create breathtaking stereoscopic 3D projects with the same ease and
agility as the Vegas Pro 2D workflow. Vegas Pro 12 provides the ability
to easily import, adjust, edit, preview, and output stereoscopic 3D
media — all using industry-standard professional delivery formats
including single or dual files with side-by-side, top/bottom, or
line-alternate encoding. Anaglyphic monitoring and output are also
supported. Stereoscopic Auto-Pairing allows bulk pairing of stereoscopic
3D subclips on the timeline, with the ability to automatically pair
stereoscopic 3D media created with the Sony PMW-TD300 or a pair of
PMW-F3 cameras using the 3D Link feature.
Superior audio control
Access unlimited audio tracks, 24-bit/192 kHz audio, punch-in recording,
5.1 surround mixing, effects automation, and time compress/expand,
while applying customizable, real-time audio effects like EQ, Reverb,
Delay, and more. Expand your audio processing and mixing options with
supported third-party DirectX® and VST audio plug-ins. Vegas Pro 12
includes support for new 64-bit versions of Sony's Noise Reduction 2.0,
Wave Hammer, Acoustic Mirror, and more. Use the Mixing Console for
precise audio control, with sample-based accuracy.
Broad format support
Vegas Pro pioneered the concept of format-native editing, and the latest
version continues that legacy by supporting today's most popular
camcorder formats including XDCAM™, NXCAM, AVCHD, HDCAM SR™, DSLR h.264
QuickTime® and RED®. New for version 12 is support for Panasonic P2
DVCPRO and AVC-Intra media. Projects can now be encoded to HDCAM SR MXF
files, for pristine quality edit masters.
Powerful Blu-ray Disc™ authoring
Burn movies to Blu-ray Disc directly from the Vegas Pro 12 timeline for
high-definition delivery. Use DVD Architect Pro software (included with
the Vegas Pro 12 collection) to author DVD or Blu-ray Disc projects with
subtitles, multiple languages, and numerous playback menus. Preview and
test your work in real time. Import layered Photoshop® .PSD files for
buttons and other graphic elements. The MainConcept AVC encoder now
supports variable bit rates up to 40 Mbps and average bit rate of 25
Mbps, for better HD quality than ever before.
What is New in Version 12.0
* Added new video plug-ins:
- LAB Adjust allows you to manipulate colors in the Lab (L*a*b* or L*, a*, b*) color space.
- Color Match allows you to automatically match the color between clips.
- Layer Dimensionality allows you to add depth to video and images that contain alpha transparency.
* Added Lightness/a/b histogram view, allowing you to analyze your video in the Lab (L*a*b* or L*, a*, b*) color space.
* Added Set to 0% velocity to the video velocity envelope point shortcut menu.
* Hold Shift (for trim) or Ctrl+Alt+Shift (for adjacent trim) while
dragging an event edge to ignore event grouping for fast J and L cuts.
* Added tools for creating rectangular and oval masks and for moving,
scaling, rotating, and feathering masks in the Event Pan/Crop plug-in.
* You can now use the Apply to FX control in the Event Pan/Crop plug-in to mask video event effects.
* You can now pair stereoscopic 3D subclips at the track level.
* Additional multistream 3D formats are now supported.
* Added support for automatic 3D pairing of single-stream clips from the
PMW-TD300, PMW-F3 with 3D Link option, and cameras that append _L and
_R to left- and right-eye clip names.
* You can create video proxy files in the Project Media window for optimized editing and playback.
* Added support for the new OpenFX GPU render extension for third party GPU-accelerated effects.
* You can now preview audio through supported AJA and BlackMagic Design video preview devices.
* Added 64-bit Gracenote support.
* Added support for 64-bit Noise Reduction (Audio Restoration, Click and
Crackle Removal, Clipped Peak Restoration, and Noise Reduction),
Acoustic Mirror, élastique Timestretch, and Wave Hammer plug-ins.
* Added support for Intel Quick Sync Video accelerated rendering for Sony AVC/MVC when using a supported Intel processor.
* Added Blu-ray Disc rendering templates for the Sony AVC/MVC and MainConcept AVC/AAC formats.
* Added support for AVCHD 2.0.
* Added support for rendering HDCAM SR (SStP) video using the Sony MXF HDCAM SR format in the Render As dialog.
* Added support for reading Panasonic P2 files and browsing P2 devices
with the Device Explorer window. DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO25, DVCPRO50,
DVCPRO-HD, and • AVC-Intra formats are supported.
* Added support for choosing a color space and view transform when
working with S-Log encoded images. Color space settings can be made in
the media properties and custom rendering templates. The view transform
setting is made in project properties.
Vegas Pro 12 system requirements
* Microsoft® Windows Vista® 64-bit SP2, or Windows 7 64-bit
* 2 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD or stereoscopic 3D)
* 500 MB hard-disk space for program installation
* 4 GB RAM (8 GB recommended)
* OHCI-compatible IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
* USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, NXCAM, or DVD camcorders)
* 512 MB GPU memory
* Windows-compatible sound card
* DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
* Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
* Supported DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW (for DVD burning only)
* Supported BD-R/-RE drive (for Blu-ray Disc™ burning only)
* Microsoft .NET Framework 3.51 (included on application disc)
* Apple® QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later for reading and writing QuickTime files
* Internet Connection (for Gracenote MusicID Service)
* GPU-accelerated video processing and rendering require an
OpenCL™-supported NVIDIA®, AMD/ATI™, or Intel® GPU with 512MB memory or
Languages :English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese